Sheep Artifical Insemination (laproscopic)
10th July 2018 by Andrew Turkington
ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION (AI)
Artificial Insemination offers sheep breeders the opportunity to maximise production by:
- Using one ram to serve more ewes during a period of time than he could achieve naturally
- Using semen from rams with high genetic merit to improve your lamb quality
- Reducing disease risk; new bloodlines can be accessed without needing to buy or transport animals
- Compacting your lambing, saving you labour & simplifying your husbandry & management systems
- Bringing lambs up in uniform batches for shows & sales
- Laparoscopic AI also allows you to purchase frozen semen instead of an expensive ram, or to share rams more efficiently over a greater geographic area.
Our veterinary team specialise in laparoscopic AI in sheep; they are highly experienced and can inseminate large numbers of ewes daily depending on your set up.
Please contact Patrick Grant on 07501724190 or via out Cookstown Surgery